- Protect our land and water from mining.
- Honesty and integrity in politics
- Local jobs
- People before profits
- Improved heath and education services.



Saturday, 4 May 2013

Could you eat on $2 a day? Lee Rhiannon will, for five days.

Hello
Senator Lee Rhiannon
 
For five days from Monday I'll be eating on $2 a day - the equivalent of the extreme poverty line. It's part of a campaign called Live Below the Line. From May 6-10 Ill gain a window into the day-to-day lives of people who are doing it tough.

You can read about why I have taken the challenge, what I will eat and what I will do in my LBTL week in my just published op ed on Fairfax’s Daily Life http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/can-you-live-on-2-a-day-in-australia-20130502-2ivox.html

I hope you will consider supporting me and donate to my campaign? All you have to do is head to my public profile at: www.livebelowtheline.com.au/me/leerhiannon and click on Donate to me. You can choose to make your donation tax-deductible.

Your generous support will help provide schools, teacher training, books and bicycles for young people living in extreme poverty. This year the campaign is aiming to raise $2.5 million, which will help send 4,600 children to school.

Thanks for your support,
Lee

PS - If you're really up for a challenge, why not Live Below the Line with me? Head to: www.livebelowtheline.com.au and we can start a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...